Location: Aurora, CO, United States
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 57732
Date Posted: Sep 9, 2022
UCHealth is hiring a full-time experienced genetic counselor in the Adult Medical Genetics Clinic. This is a full-time position located in Aurora (Denver metro), Colorado.
Join the team of one genetic counselor and medical geneticist to provide a full spectrum of genetic counseling services to adults in the region, including but not limited to general genetics, metabolic disease, cardiovascular disease, and neurologic disease including predictive testing. Participate in research activities and training of genetic counseling students and other trainees.
• Collects, reviews and interprets family/medical histories, medical records, test results, and other relevant/necessary information.
• Coordinates testing, reviews results with MD geneticist, and communicates results to referring healthcare provider.
• Develops genetic counseling plans, including risk assessment, referrals, education, family planning options.
• Provides counseling and education to patients and their families. Identifies and provides referrals for testing, treatment, support, and advocacy within the scope of practice.
• Researches, maintains, and applies knowledge of trends and developments in genetic disease research, testing, and treatment.
• Supervises genetic counseling graduate students and participates in the training of medical students, residents, and fellows.
• Participates in ongoing or new research activities supported by the clinic.
• Participates in local continuing education opportunities including journal club, symposiums, and other educational forums, when available.
• Master’s degree in genetic counseling from an accredited program
• Board certification as a genetic counselor by the American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC) or American Board of Medical Genetics (ABMG)
• Minimum two years professional clinical experience with experience in Adult Genetics preferred
• Supervisory experience preferred
The pay range for this position is: $36.19 - $54.28 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!