Location: Aurora, CO, United States
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 60539
Date Posted: Sep 9, 2022
$2,000 sign-on bonus for those who qualify
Supervises staff and provides culinary expertise in food preparation service, assuring proper production techniques, portion control and plating standards are applied according to menu, recipe, and department standards.
Essential Job Duties
· Leads, guides, assigns work and follows up to ensure completion of assigned tasks
· Supports a disciplined environment and provides after hours supervision in the absence of the supervisor or Chef
· Maintains a station while supervising the operation
· Understands work flow, prioritizes, uses timelines, understands deadlines
· Mentors and develops staff using sound culinary principles
· Uses culinary knowledge, enhances product quality by contributing ideas to menu cycles and recipe development
· Prepares new recipes, documents result, and make recommendations for improvement
· Ensures recipe compliance and portion control
· Orders goods as needed; uses culinary math and historical data to calculate amounts
· Reports equipment problems and documents history of repairs
· Ensures proper food handling methods, product rotation and storage
· Ensures department compliance with department, hospital and regulatory guidelines
· Ensures compliance with HACCP standards
· Participates in the training of staff and performs supervisory functions
The pay range for this position is: $21.49 - $27.94 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
An annual bonus may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.