This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Denver, CO, United States
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 62980
Date Posted: Oct 3, 2022
Financial Analyst Sr.
This is a full-time, exempt/salaried opportunity on UCHealth’s Decision Support team based in Denver, Colorado. This position is responsible for providing financial analytical support to UCHealth leadership. Performs complex statistical, financial and cost accounting analysis of financial reports and data and prepares subsequent narrative analysis. Compiles and provides data in compliance with transparency and other legislation. Supports annual budget process. Performs special projects and duties as assigned, including necessary research, forecasting, health care costs, provider contracts and revenue and profitability.
• Performs complex written financial, market, and statistical analysis as requested using consistent and reliable internal and external data sources. Analysis must be of high quality, comprehensive, and contain recommendations when needed.
• Compiles and provides data in compliance with transparency and other legislation
• Performs special projects and duties as assigned, including necessary research, forecasting, health care costs, provider contracts and revenue and profitability.
• Serves as consultant to all levels of management to provide decision support for initiatives, policies, and procedures.
• Develops analytical/departmental reports as required or requested. Researches, analyzes and explains financial variances and complex accounting transactions May assist with budget preparation and financial planning processes. Assists with budget review for compliance and opportunities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
• 4 years of related experience
• Master's Degree highly desired
• Healthcare or related work experience
• Knowledge of statistical accounting, economics and financial concepts
• Robust visualization skills and ability to organize data in meaningful and actionable ways
• Experience with Microsoft Power BI
The pay range for this position is: $33.82 - $50.73 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.