This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Aurora, CO, United States
Category: Nursing Professional
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 63445
Date Posted: Oct 18, 2022
***$5,000 Sign on Bonus is available for Acute Care or Psych positions, for those who qualify!***
UCHealth's New Grad Residency Program Application is open year round.
For complete information about the Nurse Residency Program and application process at UCHealth, please visit:
This application is for the New-Graduate Nursing Residency Program at Denver Metro which includes:
· Broomfield Hospital (Broomfield, CO)
· Highlands Ranch Hospital (Highlands Ranch, CO)
· Longs Peak Hospital (Longmont, CO)
· University of Colorado Hospital (Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO)
Please see below for a complete list of available units at each of our Denver Metro facilities.
Enrolled or recent graduate no more than 1 year from BSN graduation, provides direct patient care using the nursing processing accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
· Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources
· Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate
· Assists with collaborating as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral, and spiritual/psycho-social support need.
· Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances. Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel.
· Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
· Minimum Required Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing (BSN) program.
· Required Licensure/Certification: State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
· Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider. BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire; all renewals must be completed through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
· Preferred Qualifications for University of Colorado Hospital’s Critical Care RN Graduate Residency Program: Paid or unpaid clinical experience in adult critical care.
Full time: 72 hours per pay-period (biweekly), 80 hours per pay period in some Periop and Ambulatory areas
Work hours are unit and clinic specific - Combination of Days, Nights, Weekends, Holidays
The pay rate for this position is: $29.00 / hour, with an opportunity to receive an increase after six months.
UCHealth offers our employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package including:
· full medical, dental and vision coverage
· retirement plans to include pension plan and 403(b) matching
· paid time off
· employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
· tuition and continuing education reimbursement
· wellness benefits
· 5 year incentive bonus
· a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance
UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program! UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
Once the application window is closed, and your multi-step application document is verified to meet all the above criteria by Human Resources you will receive a confirmation from the Talent Acquisition team with additional Cohort information and instruction.
· Inpatient Rehabilitation
Highlands Ranch Hospital
· Medical/Surgical (Acute Care):
Medical Unit (HRH MED Unit)
· Critical Care:
Intensive Care Unit (HRH ICU)
Longs Peak Hospital
Medical/Surgical (Acute Care):
Med/Surg (LPH MS)
· Critical Care:
Intensive Care Unit: (LPH ICU)
Operating Room (LPH OR)
University of Colorado Hospital:
Medical/Surgical (Acute Care):
Admission Transition Unit (UCH ATU)
Medicine Specialties Unit (UCH MDSS)
Orthopedics (UCH Ortho)
General Surgery (Surgical Specialties) Unit
Transplant/Hepatology Unit (UCH THU)
Cardiology Unit (UCH Cards)
Pulmonary Unit (UCH Pulm)
Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit (UCH Rehab)
Medicine Health Services Unit (UCH MHSU)
Acute Care of Elderly Unit (UCH ACE)
Oncology Unit (UCH ONC)
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit (UCH BMT)
Float Pool Unit (UCHMSFP)
Inverness Ambulatory Surgery Center
Cancer Ambulatory Clinics:
Cancer Outpatient InfusionCenter (Cancer - OIC)
Cancer Infusion Center (Cancer - INF)
Blood Disorders Infusion Center
Blood Disorders Center
Medical/Surgical Progressive Care Unit (UCH MSPCU)
Burn Trauma Center (Critical Care/Medical Surgical)
Questions? Please contact: [email protected]
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person.
In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families.
We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives.
A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it is a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive, and intellectual curiosity.
We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy.
We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves.
At UCHealth, we will do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There are no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer,
UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against
because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, or veteran status.
UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act
and will make reasonable accommodations when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.