Location: Colorado Springs, CO, United States
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 69425
Date Posted: Oct 24, 2022
The UCHealth Orthopedic Trauma team is looking for a bright, hard-working Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join the team interested in working as an Orthopedic Trauma Nocturnist. The team is willing to wait for and train the perfect candidate to the high standards and quality of work our patients require.
Work Schedule: This position requires a flexible provider who understands the needs of the department and is interested in working overnight shifts. 80 hours a pay period.
The Orthopedic Trauma Team covers a combination of shifts, but the nocturnist position in particular would be for overnight shifts.
Locations: MHC, Printers Park Medical Plaza and MHN
The pay range for this position is: $47.44 - $71.16 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
• Under the supervision of a physician, provides direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services to patients in Ortho-Trauma.
• Obtain patient history and perform assessment via observation, interview, and examination. Order, perform, and interpret diagnostic procedures.
• Provide direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
• When applicable: Perform preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care. scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
• Provide counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventive health, treatment options and community resources
• Be extraordinary
* Basic Life Support
* Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
Ortho-Trauma a plus
Reductions/splinting (highly preferred, but willing to train)
First-assist experience highly preferred
Minimum Required Education: Completion of a nationally accredited educational program for Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners
Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado. Unrestricted DEA permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice.
• Nurse Practitioners must have RNFA and full prescriptive authority
• Appropriate credentialing through Medical Staff Services.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
• Relevant life support certification as determined at position level.
• Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusions from either the Health and Human Services/Office of Inspector General (HHS/OIG) Cumulative Sanction Report or the General Services Administration's (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs
• Eligible to provide reimbursable Physician services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid.
Minimum Experience: 2 years
• IF APPLICABLE: BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.