**Interested in some extra cash? This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $15k (certain criteria apply)!!! Come live extraordinarily, and make a difference with us at UCHealth!**
Performs mammography procedures in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
Work Schedule: Full Time Rotating
- Reviews patient history, physician's orders and does scheduling. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation. When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
- May assist physician with performing interventional procedures including fine needle aspiration and needle localization.
- Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary. Participates in ensuring compliance with the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) regulations.
- Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including re-positioning patient and repeating procedure. Enters, transmits, and reports scan results.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum Required Education: Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technologist program.
- Required Licensure/Certification: Registered as a Radiologic Technologist (RT) and certified in Mammography (M) by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) - or - ARRT-R plus State Provisional Mammographer registration and ARRT-M within 12 months. State licensure if required by law. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
- Minimum Experience: None required.
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
The pay range for this position is: $36.19 - $54.28 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.
At UCHealth, we do things differently.
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.