This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Longmont, CO, United States
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 71809
Date Posted: Nov 10, 2022
Evaluate and treat patients as directed by clinical protocols. Function as a member of the health care team and collaborate closely with the Urgent Care physicians, nurses and other providers.
Work Schedule: Full Time Days
• Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview, and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
• Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
• Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
• Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
• Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
The pay range for this position is: $44.33 - $66.50 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
• Basic Life Support
• Physician Assistant
• Other information:
• Minimum Required Education: Physician Assistant Program completion.
• Required Licensure/Certification: Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado. Unrestricted DEA permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice. Appropriate credentialing through Medical Staff Services. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider and any additional life support certification as determined at the Position Level.
• ADDITIONAL CREDENTIALS: Eligible to provide reimbursable Physician services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid. Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusions from either the Health and Human Services/Office of Inspector General (HHS/OIG) Cumulative Sanction Report or the General Services Administration's (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs.
• Minimum Experience: 1 year of experience working with pediatric and adult patients.
• IF APPLICABLE: BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
About Longmont, CO
Consistently named as one of the nation’s top places to live, it’s no wonder Longmont is amongst the fastest growing communities in the nation. There’s a little something here for everyone - outstanding public schools, art, culture and the great outdoors. Here you’ll find Colorado’s first new urbanist-planned community, local breweries and distilleries, music festivals, farmers markets and easy access to hiking, camping, skiing, snowshoeing and boating. Longmont is less than an hour’s drive to Denver. And with the Rocky Mountains in our backyard, there are more than 20 ski resorts, four national parks and countless quaint mountain towns nearby to challenge your inner adventure-junkie, knock a few bucket items off the list, or simply relax in majestic and fantastic scenery.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.