Location: , CO, United States
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 68616
Date Posted: Nov 18, 2022
UCHealth has an excellent opportunity for a full-time Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join UCHealth Urgent Care Clinic in Thornton.
• One years’ experience working with pediatric and adult patients as an advanced practice provider in an Urgent Care or Emergency Room. New graduates will not be considered for this position.
• Our ideal candidate will provide high-quality, personalized care. Have excellent communication skills and a high level of professionalism, compassion, and integrity.
The pay range for this position is $47.44 - $66.44/ hour. Pay is dependent on the applicant's relevant experience. An annual bonus may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance.
At UCHealth, we’re looking for those who are talented and inspired — those who don’t shy away from daily opportunities to improve lives. For those individuals called to join our team, we want you to find more than just a career here. We want you to make extraordinary possible. Apply today.
• Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview, and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
• Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
• Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
• Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.=
Requirements for Physician Assistants
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies
• Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado.
• Physician Assistant Certification (PA-C) issued by the National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required for hire and must be maintained throughout employment
• Unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice.
• Eligible to provide services reimbursable services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid.
• Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusion from either the Health and Human Services/Office of Inspectors General (HHS/OIG) or the General Services Administration’s (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs.
• Unrestricted medical staff membership, with appropriate practice privileges.
• Prescriptive authority as appropriate, per medical staff service privileging process.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
Requirements for Nurse Practitioners
•Master's degree in Nursing and graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
•Nurse Practitioner Certification issued by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or Nurse Practitioner Certification issued by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB) is required for hire and must be maintained throughout employment.
•Unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license issued by the State Board of Nursing in the state of practice or compact privileges under the multi-state Nurse Licensure Compact agreement
•Unrestricted medical staff membership, with appropriate practice privileges
•Fill prescriptive authority
•Unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice.
•Eligible to provide services reimbursable services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid.
•Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusion from either the Health and Human Services/Office of Inspectors General (HHS/OIG) or the General Services Administration’s (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs.
•Basic Life Support (BLS) certification issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
We expect you to live a balanced life and enjoy the Colorado lifestyle. Our competitive compensation package includes:
•Retirement Package that includes a basic pension plan, 401(a) investment account, 403(b) matching account, and a 457(b) deferred compensation savings plan
•Offerings include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, disability coverage
•Competitive time off plan and wellness benefits
•Generous continuing medical education (CME) allowance for full and part-time positions
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive, and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and is motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There are no limits to your potential here.
UCHealth Medical Group is a physician-led organization, with a dedicated focus on access, performance, innovation, and experience, providing unmatched patient care in the Rocky Mountain Front Range. With more than ten hospitals and 150 clinic locations, UCHealth pushes the boundaries of medicine, providing advanced treatments and clinical trials and improving health through innovation.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.