Physician - Family Walk-In Clinic
UCHlth Fam Med Center Pennock Pl
Provides medical care to patients at the FMC Walk-In Clinic. Performs administrative duties as assigned by the medical director.
Work Schedule: Full Time, 80 hours/pay period, Days
- Provides medical care to patients as provider schedules and patient demand require. Precepts Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician Assistants providing care. Performs teaching duties to medical staff, nursing staff, house staff, and students.
- Participates in hiring, orientation, and supervision of Physicians, Advanced Practice Nurses, and Physician Assistants. Reviews billing and coding practices to ensure performance and compliance. Manages the Electronic Health Record function, including audit and review. Provides feedback to the Clinic Supervisor on performance of clinic staff.
- Collaborates with clinic management and medical staff on coordination of patient flow and comprehensive care between FMC and FMC Walk-In Clinic. Completes patient chart documentation in a timely manner.
- Participates on teams to provide direction to patient care plans and positively impact outcomes. Complies with Medical Staff Bylaws and the system policies and procedures. Supports growth of the program.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum Required Education: Graduate of a medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education or the American Osteopathic Association. Completion of a residency in Family Medicine or emergency medicine accredited by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education.
- Required Licensure/Certification: Unrestricted Colorado Board of Medical Examiners physician licensure. Unrestricted DEA permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice. Board certified or board eligible in Family Medicine or Emergency Medicine. Appropriate credentialing through Medical Staff Services. Unrestricted medical staff membership at the hospital with appropriate practice privileges. BLS required. Eligible to provide reimbursable Physician services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid. Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusions from either the Health and Human Services/Office of Inspector General (HHS/OIG) Cumulative Sanction Report or the General Services Administration's (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs.
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement plans to include pension plan and 403(b) matching
- Paid time off. Start your employment at UCHealth with PTO in your bank
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
- Tuition and continuing education reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- 5 year incentive bonus
- Full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance
- Education benefits for employees, including the opportunity to be eligible for 100% of tuition, books and fees paid for by UCHealth for specific educational degrees. Other programs may also qualify for up to $5,250 pre-paid by UCHealth or in the form of tuition reimbursement each calendar year
Loan Repayment: UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.