This job posting is no longer active.
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 82625
Date Posted: May 12, 2023
Make extraordinary possible
Are you hungry to learn and willing to go above and beyond in your training and in your career? Are you a confident self-starter who can work autonomously but also have the humility and self-awareness to know when to ask questions? Are you collaborative and patient-focused?If so, please read on!
The UCHealth Orthopedics team is looking for a bright, hard-working Physician Assistant to join the team.
Work Schedule: 80hrs per pay-period
Approx. 3 days/week in clinic
Approx. 1-2 days/week first assist in OR and rounding (potential)
Call: Primarily practice/clinic call with potential to aid in evening/weekend operational call, determined by physician team.
Locations: Printer’s Park Medical Plaza, Briargate Medical Center, and Grandview Medical Center (practice locations) Upcoming growth – Interquest Medical Center and Eastview Medical Center.
The pay range for this position is: $47.44 - $71.16 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
• Under the supervision of a physician, provides direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services to patients in Orthopedics.
• Obtain patient history and perform assessment via observation, interview, and examination. Order, perform, and interpret diagnostic procedures.
• Provide direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
• When applicable: Perform preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care. scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
• Provide counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventive health, treatment options and community resources
• Be extraordinary
• Essential Credentials: Basic Life Support, Physician Assistant
• Minimum Experience: 2 years
•Knee & Shoulder Sports Medicine Procedures
•Minimum Required Education: Completion of a nationally accredited educational program for Physician Assistants
• Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado. Unrestricted DEA permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice.
• Appropriate credentialing through Medical Staff Services.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
• Relevant life support certification as determined at position level.
• Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusions from either the Health and Human Services/Office of Inspector General (HHS/OIG) Cumulative Sanction Report or the General Services Administration's (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs
• Eligible to provide reimbursable Physician services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid.
• BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
We expect you to live a balanced life and enjoy the Colorado lifestyle. Our competitive compensation package includes:
• Retirement Package that includes a basic pension plan, 401(a) investment account, 403(b) matching account, and a 457(b) deferred compensation savings plan
• Offerings include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, disability coverage
• Competitive time off plan and wellness benefits
• Generous continuing medical education (CME) allowance for full and part-time positions
UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness
UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limit to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.