Location: Colorado Springs, CO, United States
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 86563
Date Posted: Mar 17, 2023
Are you passionate about Orthopedic Spine surgery? If you are, we have the position for you:
UCHealth’s Spine Center is currently looking for a full-time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join their dynamic, hardworking team. This position would provide first assist support during designated OR days and scheduled outpatient clinic support in the Spine Center clinic, located on the Memorial Hospital North campus.
Make extraordinary possible
Under the supervision of a physician, provides direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services to patients in specialty care services at Memorial Hospital Central, Memorial Hospital North and the outpatient Orthopedic Spine clinic in Colorado Springs, CO.
Work Schedule: Full Time Days; Split time between scheduled outpatient clinic and providing first assist support on designated OR days
• Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview, and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
• Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
• Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
• Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
• Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
The pay range for this position is: $51.75 - $69.61 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
• Physician Assistant
• Basic Life Support
Minimum Required Education:
• Completion of a nationally accredited educational program for Physician Assistants.
• Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado.
• Unrestricted DEA permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice.
• Appropriate credentialing through Medical Staff Services.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider. Relevant life support certification as determined at position level.
• Eligible to provide reimbursable Physician services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid. Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusions from either the Health and Human Services/Office of Inspector General (HHS/OIG) Cumulative Sanction Report or the General Services Administration's (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs.
• Minimum Experience: None required.
• IF APPLICABLE: BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
About Colorado Springs, CO:
Nestled at the base of Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs invites the outdoor adventurists to the cultural enthusiast to enjoy vibrant scenic beauty, rugged outdoor adventure, and exceptional opportunities to create lifelong memories. Colorado Springs is proud to be the home of five military installations and the U.S. Olympic Committee. With a population of just over 650,000, Colorado Springs boasts a rich heritage with a wide variety of cultural and urbane sophistication. With a moderate cost of living, temperate climate, and an average of 247 days of sunshine per year, Colorado Springs is the perfect place to call home.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.