Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Category: Executive/Senior Level Management
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 91988
Date Posted: Dec 7, 2022
Chief Financial Officer, Southern Colorado Region
This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of the top academic and community health system in the country and be part of a high-performing, quality-focused leadership team in a results-driven, growing health system. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer of UCHealth, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for the Southern Colorado Region will be an integral member of the leadership team and critical to the continued financial success of the hospital’s mission and organizational objectives. The CFO will provide strategic leadership and direction for the hospital’s financial performance and develop short- and long-term goals and strategies. They will oversee all financial functions while working collaboratively with the UCHealth leadership team. The CFO will participate with the organization’s leadership team in the deployment of policies and procedures meant to help the organization meet its stated business objectives.
Included in the Southern Colorado Region responsibilities are the following hospital locations:
· Memorial Hospital Central
· Memorial Hospital North
· Pikes Peak Regional Hospital
· Grandview Hospital
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
• Align specific departmental strategy or direction with the overall financial goals of the organization, ensuring all finance-related activity supports UCHealth’s Southern Colorado strategic plan and organizational priorities;
• Develop policies, practices, and procedures that have a significant impact on the pertinent departmental organization. Evaluate hospital financial and operational performance;
• As part of a dynamic finance team at UCHealth – Southern Colorado Region, lead and direct the work of employees through the hospital’s finance managers and directors;
• Strategically develop the annual operating and capital budgets. Implement and monitor budget, and provide regular budget analysis to UCHealth Chief Financial Officer;
• Forge effective relationships and open dialogue with all levels of staff and the leadership team;
• Regularly meet with hospital leadership team to facilitate communication with regard to the hospital’s financial goals, objectives and strategies;
• Possess an in-depth understanding of the financial needs of the academic health system;
• As part of the Southern Colorado Region leadership team, collaborate with peers to develop strategy, operating policies, business plans, and capital allocation plans for the hospital;
• Work closely with leadership teams to ensure staffing models are realistic and sustainable.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Health Care Administration, or related field
• Minimum of five years of progressive financial leadership, with a proven record of success.
• Experience in matrixed reporting relationships and possess strong collaboration skills to foster relationships across UCHealth.
The culture at UCHealth is results driven, and each member has high expectations for themselves as well as those with whom they partner and lead. This individual will be joining a high performing, fast-paced team and, as such, we have outlined characteristics that describe the ideal candidate for the Chief Financial Officer role:
• Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
• Comprehensive and thorough understanding of all elements of health care delivery, including strategy, business planning, construction and capital projects, operations, and finances coupled with an ability to effectively respond to elements that drive competitive advantage under dynamic conditions, such as health care industry changes, competitor actions, legal/regulatory changes, and technological trends.
• Ability to drive results and effectively integrate functions with financial plans. Consistently demonstrates and encourages a commitment to quality, patient-centeredness, productivity, and continuous improvement.
• Leadership style that builds and maintains a climate of caring, excellence, integrity, respect, and trust and inspires commitment from others to achieve organization objectives. Manages ambiguity and complexity with skill and equanimity.
• Effectively manages and interacts with diverse groups both within and outside of the health system.
• Demonstrates ongoing commitment to meeting diversity, equity, and inclusion goals in recruitment, selection, and development of staff.
The search process is currently underway and will continue until the position is filled.
Nominations, expressions of interest, and applications including a cover letter and résumé should be submitted to:
For more information: UCHealth.org/about
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
Loan Repayment: UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program! UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.