This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO, United States
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 90852
Date Posted: Mar 14, 2023
Make Extraordinary Possible
Do you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of your patients and community? Would you like to be part of a growing practice with unlimited potential? If so, we have an excellent opportunity for you.
UCHealth Ear, Nose, and Throat Clinic – Colorado Springs is seeking to add a Full-Time Head and Neck Physician Assistant.
The ideal candidate is someone who is flexible, resilient, and who is looking to join a rapidly growing practice.
Here are a few good reasons to join our practice in Colorado Springs:
• Established and robust Head and Neck program with two existing surgeons. You will work closely with our ENT department which has five ENT surgeons, one Physician Assistants, one Nurse Practitioner, three Audiologists and a full support staff.
• Full Audiology services supporting our community from newborns to geriatric patients.
• Responsibilities include testing, diagnosing and treating patients.
• A focus on work/life balance that allows for enjoyment of the Colorado lifestyle.
• No Call
• Support the Head and Neck Surgery outpatient and inpatient services
• Work up potential surgical candidates
• Rounds on admitted inpatients daily after major head and neck surgeries, make appropriate management decisions during their admission and collaborates with the surgeon about treatment plans
• Evaluates patients in the post-operative period to remove drains, review pathology reports, establish next steps in care and manage any complications
• Maintain open communication and a team-oriented work environment with both Head and Neck Surgeons.
• Mentor support staff
• Maintain open communication and a team-oriented work environment
The pay range for this position is: $47.44 - $71.16 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
Requirements for Physician Assistants
•Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies
•Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado.
•Physician Assistant Certification (PA-C) issued by the National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required for hire and must be maintained throughout employment
•Unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice.
•Eligible to provide services reimbursable services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid.
•Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusion from either the Health and Human Services/Office of Inspectors General (HHS/OIG) or the General Services Administration’s (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs.
•Unrestricted medical staff membership, with appropriate practice privileges.
•Prescriptive authority as appropriate, per medical staff service privileging process.
•Basic Life Support (BLS) certification issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
Minimum Experience Required: None required to apply.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package
• Full medical, dental and vision coverage
• Retirement plans to include pension plan and 403(b) matching
• Paid time off. Start your employment at UCHealth with PTO in your bank
• Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
• Tuition and continuing education reimbursement
• Wellness benefits
• 5 year incentive bonus
• Full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance
• Education benefits for employees, including the opportunity to be eligible for 100% of tuition, books and fees paid for by UCHealth for specific educational degrees. Other programs may also qualify for up to $5,250 pre-paid by UCHealth or in the form of tuition reimbursement each calendar year
• Loan Repayment / Forgiveness programs through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
About Colorado Springs, Colorado
Nestled at the base of Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs invites the outdoor adventurists and cultural enthusiasts to enjoy vibrant scenic beauty, rugged outdoor adventure, and exceptional opportunities to create lifelong memories. Colorado Springs is proud to be the home of five military installations and the U.S. Olympic Committee. With a county population of around 650,000, this area boasts a rich heritage with a wide variety of cultural and urbane sophistication. With a moderate cost of living, temperate climate, and an average of 247 days of sunshine per year, Colorado Springs is the perfect place to call home.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.