UP TO $20,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR THOSE WHO QUALIFY
- $15,000 FOR INSTATE
- $20,000 FOR OUT OF STATE
- 1 YEAR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- REHIRES HAVE TO BE GONE AT LEAST 12 MONTHS
- PART TIME ROLES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR HALF OF THE AMOUNT
- PRN ARE NOT ELIGIBLE
- AGREEMENT IS 24 MONTHS
The Cardiac and Vascular Center at the University of Colorado Hospital is seeking a diagnostic cardiac sonographer who utilizes independent, professional, ethical judgment, and critical thinking to safely perform diagnostic sonographic procedures. We are an IAC accredited Echocardiography Laboratory seeking a highly skilled professional with performance standards that align with those detailed in the Scope of Practice and Clinical Standards for the Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
· The ideal candidate can independently perform echoes on complex patients, including those with congenital heart disease, in inpatient and outpatient setting.
· Experience performing stress echocardiography independently (Preferred)
· Experience performing neonatal echoes independently (Preferred)
· Willingness to provide advanced training to the right candidate
· Opportunity to earn 12 CEUs annually through our Bi-weekly echo conferences.
Performs diagnostic procedures to assess cardiac structures and hemodynamics in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
Work Schedule: Full Time Days
- Performs echocardiography procedures on patients. Selects and uses transducers according to anatomy; differentiates normal and abnormal structures; assures that sufficient information has been acquired to provide diagnosis. Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Enters, transmits and reports scan results.
- Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
- When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition and reports changes in status. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Performs transthoracic, transesophageal, Stress Echo and proficient with echo contrast enhancement.
- Utilizes knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiology to optimize studies.
- Performs Cardiac echo studies in accordance with the Interscoietal Accreditation Commission’s standards and guidelines for Echocardiography
- Prepares patient for all exams.
- Prepares patient room and maintains room and equipment cleanliness in accordance with manufacturer recommendations and Infection prevention hospital policies.
- Ability to perform mobile echocardiography.
- Enters preliminary technical findings into ISCV report to be viewed by the interpreting physician
- Maintains department records and Secures PHI in accordance with hospital policy and procedures.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
* Basic Life Support
* Registered Sonographer
* Reg Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer
* Registered Cardiovascular Sonographer
- Other information:
Minimum Required Education: Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound Technologist or Diagnostic Medical Sonographer program.
Required Licensure/ Certification: Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). State licensure if required by law. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider and any relevant life support certification as determined at position level.
Minimum Experience: Experience is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiology.
- Experienced in Transthoracic (M-mode), 2-D, 3D and Contrast) Echocardiagraphy.
- Able to use Philips or other comparable ultrasound equipment.
- Ability to assist in performance of Echocardiogaphy procedures (Stress Echo and Transesophagael Echo) and Contract Enhancement procedures.
- Minimum of 2 years of combined didactic and scanning experience.
- Must document at least 15 hours of CME's of echocardiography-related CME over a period of 3 years and CME's must be earned within the 3-year period prior to submission to the accrediting body. CEU's may be Category 1 AMA or other approved noncategory 1 credit including those credits as approved by organizations cush as ASE, SDMS, ARRT, or CCS that have content specific to echocardiography.
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
The pay range for this position is: $36.19 - $54.28 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement plans to include pension plan and 403(b) matching
- Paid time off. Start your employment at UCHealth with PTO in your bank
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
- Tuition and continuing education reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- 5 year incentive bonus
- Full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance
- Education benefits for employees, including the opportunity to be eligible for 100% of tuition, books and fees paid for by UCHealth for specific educational degrees. Other programs may also qualify for up to $5,250 pre-paid by UCHealth or in the form of tuition reimbursement each calendar year
Loan Repayment: UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.