This job posting is no longer active.
Location: , CO, United States
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 100010
Date Posted: Feb 10, 2023
The clinical pharmacist will support the UCHealth Medical Group (UCHealthMG) primary care clinics. The clinical pharmacist will develop collaborative working relationships with providers and care team members in order to serve as the medication use expert for UCHealthMG clinics. The primary responsibilities for this position will be to deliver medication management to improve healthcare quality, reduce healthcare cost, and improve the patient and provider experience.
Work Schedule: Full Time Days
· Deliver population-level medication interventions targeted to improve healthcare quality metrics (e.g. optimize statin therapy for patients with diabetes).
· Function as a consultant to interdisciplinary care teams to support medication management activities and optimize medication use within the medical group.
· Perform comprehensive medication reviews to identify and resolve medication-related problems for patients with multiple or high-risk medications or during transitions of care.
· Communicate effectively with providers, healthcare team members and patients using verbal and written strategies, including documentation in electronic health record.
· Educate staff and providers regarding medication management best practices including updates on new medications, clinical guidelines and cost-effective medication use.
· Actively participate in committees and work groups that promote safe and effective use of medications in the health system.
·This is primarily a remote position that provides support to multiple clinics. The position will require some travel to clinics across the front range.
The pay range for this position is: $50.76 - $76.14 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
Loan Repayment: UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.