As the flagship medical campus of UCHealth, University of Colorado Hospital (UCH) ranked No. 1 on U.S. News and World Report list of the state’s best hospitals and is nationally ranked in 5 adult specialties.
- UCH is Colorado’s only adult academic medical center, providing clinical trials and innovative treatments through a strong partnership with the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
- UCH is a Level I trauma center, and currently the state’s second largest hospital, featuring a total of 678 beds.
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at UCH is the largest Level III NICU in metro Denver, caring for more than 650 patients every year.
- University of Colorado Hospital and Poudre Valley Hospital have received five consecutive Magnet® designations by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, an accomplishment fewer than 30 hospitals worldwide have achieved.
- Located in metro Denver, UCH is home to the only transplant program in the Rocky Mountain region that performs all solid organ transplants. Our program has performed more transplants than any other hospital in Colorado.
- We are a teaching hospital. The University of Colorado Hospital providers are affiliated with or are faculty at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
- Additional programs supported by the division of Cardiology at UCH, include: Mechanical Circulatory Support, committed to providing the community and the region with access to advanced life sustaining devices used to treat patients with acute and advanced heart failure. Adult Congenital Heart Disease program at UCH, the premier program in the region dedicated to caring for adults with congenital heart disease.
Performs diagnostic procedures to assess cardiac structures and hemodynamics in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
Minimum required years of relevant experience:
Required Licensure/ Certification:
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) in Adult Echocardiography by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography OR
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider (must be valid through sixty days of hire)
- Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound Technologist or Diagnostic Medical Sonographer program
- Performs comprehensive high quality Adult transthoracic echocardiograms, incorporating 2D, 3D, M-Mode, color Doppler and spectral Doppler methods including Pedoff (non-imaging continuous wave Doppler where applicable.
- Provides imaging support for transesophageal echocardiograms.
- When indicated, prepares and administers contrast media including agitated saline and ultrasound enhancing agents within scope of practice.
- Ensures echo orders are accurate and appropriate prior to each exam.
- Perform all measurements, including Strain analysis, and draft a comprehensive preliminary report, using ISCV reporting template, in accordance with ASE guidelines and standards and established departmental protocols.
- Recognizes and reports critical result findings in accordance with department policy.
- Practices and complies with all infection control standards.
- Perform echo exams in all inpatient and outpatient settings, and on a variety of patient populations (ACHD, Advanced HF, Critically Ill etc.)
- May perform additional modalities (Stress Echocardiograms; Imaging support during structural heart intervention) **Volume / staff ratio is balanced to ensure competency.
- Perform Neonatal Echocardiograms (with appropriate credential).
- Apply independent judgment and critical thinking during the echocardiography examination to ensure that appropriate anatomical, pathological, and clinical conditions are accurately captured. As necessary, acquire additional ultrasound images and nonstandard views to enable optimal diagnostic results for the interpreting physician.
- Maintain all ultrasound equipment, trouble-shoot minor operating problems and report all malfunctions to appropriate service provider.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Manager or Lead Cardiac Sonographer of the department.
- Adheres to UCHealth’ s Code of Conduct, policies, procedures and Values in Action.
Work Schedule: Full Time Days
Working at UCH Echo lab:
- Unique opportunity to join the #1 Hospital and only academic medical center in the state of Colorado.
- The UCH Echocardiography Laboratory maintains accreditation by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) in adult transthoracic, transesophageal and stress echocardiography
- Enormously fulfilling career with growth opportunity, including but not limited to teaching junior cardiac sonographers and general cardiology fellows, participating in research projects, giving presentations at the biweekly echo conference
- Receive Continuing Education: including but not limited to 12 SDMS CME Credits annually for onsite content provided by the department.
- Flexible working hours without night shifts.
- Highly competitive wage scale based on recent and market analysis of Denver Metro Area and subsequent salary adjustment.
- Generous and comprehensive benefits package including several medical plan options, dental, retirement, paid time off, etc.
UP TO $20,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR THOSE WHO QUALIFY
- $15,000 FOR INSTATE
- $20,000 FOR OUT OF STATE
- 1 YEAR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- REHIRES HAVE TO BE GONE AT LEAST 12 MONTHS
- PART TIME ROLES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR HALF OF THE AMOUNT
- PRN ARE NOT ELIGIBLE
The pay range for this position is: $36.19 - $54.28 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement plans to include pension plan and 403(b) matching
- Paid time off. Start your employment at UCHealth with PTO in your bank
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
- Tuition and continuing education reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- 5 year incentive bonus
- Full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance
- Education benefits for employees, including the opportunity to be eligible for 100% of tuition, books and fees paid for by UCHealth for specific educational degrees. Other programs may also qualify for up to $5,250 pre-paid by UCHealth or in the form of tuition reimbursement each calendar year
Loan Repayment: UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.