Location: Denver, CO, United States
Category: Nursing Professional
Job Type: PRN
Job ID: 110722
Date Posted: Mar 7, 2023
Revenue Recovery RN
This is a PRN, non-exempt/salary position on UCHealth’s Revenue Integrity team. No guaranteed hours; schedule may vary. This is a 100% work-from-home opportunity.
· Writes clinical appeals to payors to recover denials. Coordinates with payors to conduct RN reviews and facilitates MD to MD peer reviews as necessary. Applies payor specific clinical criteria to review and determine the appropriate level of care. Participates in payor defense audits.
· Reviews charts to determine if charges support the documentation. Assesses line item overcharges, undercharges, and late charges. Tracks all audit findings. Communicates opportunities to mitigate audit risk. Resolves customer service and employee issues, utilizing proactive intervention.
· Coordinates new or revised procedures and policies. Analyzes process effectiveness; recommends changes as appropriate.
· Maintains knowledge of Federal, State and local billing regulations and partners with Managed Care contracting or compliance department on discrepancies. Maintains knowledge of ADT, registration and pre-admit/admit processes. Maintains knowledge of contracts, billing, follow up, and cash applications processes.
· Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years of experience
· CO State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
· 3 years of clinical experience as a RN, including 1 year in acute care
· 1 year as a utilization reviewer, case manager or equivalent revenue cycle RN role
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
· CPHM, CCM, ACM
The pay range for this position is: $34.73- $53.83 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
Loan Repayment: UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program! UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.