This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Aurora, CO, United States
Category: Executive/Senior Level Management
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 129256
Date Posted: Nov 27, 2023
Chief Quality Officer, UCHealth
The Chief Quality Officer for UCHealth will lead the charge to drive clinical excellence and exceptional health outcomes while striving to lower costs across the system, aligning clinical priorities with system strategic, operational, and financial priorities. This leader will be responsible for engaging Physicians, APPs, allied health professionals and trainees to drive improved outcomes in hospital, ambulatory, community and academic settings. The CQO is expected to possess an appropriate sense of urgency, a willingness to manage change and hold others accountable for performance, excellent communication skills, an understanding of measurement and performance improvement principles and a commitment to patient care.
This is a unique opportunity to lead in a best in class integrated academic health system including a large quaternary academic hospital, regional medical centers and community and rural hospitals and clinics caring for Coloradans across our state. As the region’s only integrated academic health system, this opportunity brings with it a seasoned team of Quality and Safety specialists, a tight knit and well organized Physician Executive Council and an executive leadership and governance committed to improving the quality and experience of care for our patients.
Reports to: System Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
Direct reports: The regional CQOs and system level Medical Directors for Infection Prevention and Provider Well-being. The CQO will serve as an adjunct to system level advisory committees to include: Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Medication Safety, Credentials, Peer Review, Physician Preference Items, and ad hoc committees as appropriate.
· The CQO’s top priority will be to coordinate, oversee, and execute upon the clinical, strategic, and operational quality and safety priorities for the entire organization.
· Reporting to the System Chief Medical Officer (CMO) – this executive will serve as a member of our Physician Executive Council (PEC) which includes regional CQOs, regional and facility CMOs, CMIO, CMOs of our medical group and of our Cancer Center.
· The CQO will also partner with the Chief Strategy Officer on our Population Health efforts, with the VP and clinical leadership of the Revenue Cycle to support Clinical Documentation Integrity, Coding and Care Management efforts which directly impact outcomes.
· The CQO will partner with clinical leadership of our Virtual Health Center on efforts which directly impact outcomes.
· Provides the vision, leadership and oversight of the quality process to ensure safety and efficiency across UCHealth
· Implements strategic initiatives which identify and improve areas for quality process optimization, care delivery, and medical safety. Supports the design and implementation of these initiatives;
· Serves as a resource for process improvement, medical safety, and regulatory issues. Participates in activities related to accreditation and clinical guidelines, in collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer and the medical executive committee;
· Fosters collaborative relationships with external agencies on quality initiatives, including purchasers, government agencies, and other stakeholders;
· Develops quality improvement department budgets. Provides input into major capital expenses related to quality.
The culture at UCHealth is results driven, and each member has high expectations for themselves as well as those with whom they partner and lead. This individual will be joining a high performing, fast-paced team and, as such, we have outlined characteristics that describe the ideal candidate for the Chief Quality Officer role:
Candidates will be comfortable working in a fast-paced academic organization. They will exude honesty, respect, trust, integrity and high ethical standards and serve in a supportive, open and direct manner.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
· Graduate of an accredited medical school
· 5 years of relevant experience
· Unrestricted Colorado Board of Medical Examiners physician license
· Unrestricted DEA permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice
· Board certified in a clinical specialty area
· Medical staff membership at a system hospital or other medical staff affiliated with the system, with appropriate CORE practice privileges.
Qualifications, Skills and Traits
Skills and Abilities:
· Develops and directs strategic, growth, and operational objectives for the service line. Integrates inpatient and outpatient services and strategic plan with the mission, vision, and values of UCHealth;
· Supports and leads from a process improvement perspective, utilizing benchmarking data to continually achieve higher levels of excellence and cost effectiveness;
· Ability to rally physicians and other stakeholders through championing service excellence and promoting UCHealth Standards of Excellence;
· Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
Loan Repayment: UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program! UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.