Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 137186
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2023
Make Extraordinary Possible
The UCHealth Hospital Medicine team is seeking a Full-Time Nurse Practitioner who possesses empathy, talent, drive, and a “patients first” mentality to join our growing team.
We welcome those who naturally gravitate toward our inclusive community that celebrates our differences, our individuality, and our similarities. Here, we are dedicated to putting patients first, excellence and integrity. For those individuals called to join our team, we want you to find more than just a career here. We want you to make extraordinary possible.
Position details include:
• This position will cover UCHealth Pikes Peak Regional Hospital and UCHealth Grandview Hospital. Duties can include rounding, discharging, and admitting patients, as well as rapid-response team calls.
• The schedule is typically 7 on, 7 off shift, 12-hour shifts; no call and will include weekends and holidays.
• Our providers rotate locations and shifts as needed to allow for increased scope of practice, variety in patient care and also dependent on staffing
• The ideal candidate is flexible, collaborative, and has 2-3 years of hospital medicine experience.
The pay range for this position is: $110,977 - $144,799/ annually. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience. An annual quality bonus of up to $10K is available.
At UCHealth, we’re looking for those who are talented and inspired — those who don’t shy away from daily opportunities to improve lives. We want you to make extraordinary possible. Apply today.
Requirements for Nurse Practitioners
• Master's degree in Nursing and graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
• Nurse Practitioner Certification issued by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or Nurse Practitioner Certification issued by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB) is required for hire and must be maintained throughout employment.
• Unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license issued by the State Board of Nursing in the state of practice or compact privileges under the multi-state Nurse Licensure Compact agreement
• Unrestricted medical staff membership, with appropriate practice privileges
• Full prescriptive authority
• Unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice.
• Eligible to provide services reimbursable services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid.
• Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusion from either the Health and Human Services/Office of Inspectors General (HHS/OIG) or the General Services Administration’s (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive, and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and is motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There are no limits to your potential here.
We expect you to live a balanced life and enjoy the Colorado lifestyle. Our competitive compensation package includes:
• A 403(b) matching account, and a 457(b) deferred compensation savings plan
• Offerings include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, disability coverage
• Competitive time off plan and wellness benefits
• Generous continuing medical education (CME) allowance for full and part-time positions
UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
To learn more about this rewarding opportunity, please contact:
Kimberly Haines, MSHRM
UCHealth Medical Group
UCHealth Medical Group is a physician-led organization, with a dedicated focus on access, performance, innovation, and experience, providing unmatched patient care in the Rocky Mountain Front Range. With more than eight hospitals and 100 clinic locations, UCHealth pushes the boundaries of medicine, providing advanced treatments and clinical trials and improving health through innovation.
About Colorado Springs
Nestled at the base of Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs invites the outdoor adventurists to the cultural enthusiast to enjoy vibrant scenic beauty, rugged outdoor adventure, and exceptional opportunities to create lifelong memories. Colorado Springs is proud to be the home of five military installations and the U.S. Olympic Committee. With a population of just over 650,000, Colorado Springs boasts a rich heritage with a wide variety of cultural and urbane sophistication. With a moderate cost of living, temperate climate, and an average of 247 days of sunshine per year, Colorado Springs is the perfect place to call home.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization. An applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.