Location: Longmont, CO, United States
Category: Nursing Professional
Job Type: PRN
Job ID: 133460
Date Posted: Aug 15, 2023
Provides direct patient care at a proficient level, in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice with the policies, values, and mission of the organization. Monitors the patient to maintain a safe environment, optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
Pre/Post Special Procedures/Surgery
Work Schedule: PRN Flex
Performs and documents pre/post procedure assessment/evaluation/education of patient.
Responds to life threatening situations utilizing nursing standards and protocols for treatment. Handles critical and highly stressful situations, reacting decisively with efficiency and composure.
Provides nursing care in a technically complex environment.
Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
* Registered Nurse
* Basic Life Support
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Minimum Required Education:
* Graduate of an accredited or state board of nursing approved Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years' experience.
* Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
* State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
* ACLS within 6 months of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider and any relevant life support certification as determined at position level.
* BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
* 6 months RN experience or completion of the UCHealth Fellowship program.
The pay range for this position is: $34.73 - $53.83 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
Loan Repayment:UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.