Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Category: Nursing Professional
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 139993
Date Posted: Jul 21, 2023
Summary: Memorial Hospital Central
Provides direct patient care in a surgical setting at a proficient level, in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice with the policies, values, and mission of the organization. Monitors and manages the patient and operative environment before, during and after surgery to maintain a safe environment, optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
Work Schedule: Full Time Days
Performs circulating functions before surgery, including preparing the operating environment, orienting and assessing the patient, and reviewing patient’s medical record and surgeon’s notes to ensure all pre-requisites and preferences are net. Ensures safety checklists and procedures are implemented and documented at all times.
Performs circulating functions during surgery, including monitoring and communicating patient condition, documenting interventions and activities, monitoring the sterile field and controlling traffic into, out of and around the room.
Performs scrub functions, including the preparation, selection, and handling of instruments and supplies used during the surgical procedure and performs surgical counts with the circulating nurse.
Provides nursing care to a complex, high acuity surgical patient population in a technically complex environment.
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
* Registered Nurse
* Basic Life Support
Minimum Required Education:
* Graduate of an accredited or state board of nursing approved Registered/Professional Nursing program.
* Preferred: BSN.
* State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
* Preferred: CNOR.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider and any relevant certification as determined at position level.
* BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
* 6 months of OR nursing (RN) experience or completion of the UCHealth Fellowship program.
The pay range for this position is: $34.73 - $53.83 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
Loan Repayment:UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
At UCHealth, we do things differently
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!