Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 131287
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2023
Help make extraordinary things possible.
UCHealth has an excellent opportunity for a full-time Nurse Practitioner to join the UCHealth Sleep Medicine team in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
The Briargate Sleep Clinic is one of two UCHealth Sleep clinics in Colorado Springs and promises to keep you busy with a large patient panel and the satisfaction of knowing you are helping the community with a growing international problem that impact every aspect of life.
Provides specialty health care services in an outpatient setting for sleep related chronic health conditions in specific populations in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
Work Schedule: Tuesday – Friday: 4 - 10-hour shifts
The pay range for this position is: $49.86 - $69.12 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
• Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination.
• Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
• Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions, including use of prescriptive authority and referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
• Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health and wellness, treatment options, and community resources.
• Provides care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making and the right to self-determination.
• Follow-up visits to include CPAPs, Meds, Sleep Study results, and Sleep therapy options.
Experience in Sleep medicine, respiratory, cardiology, or pulmonology
Requirements for Nurse Practitioners
• Master's degree in Nursing and graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
• Nurse Practitioner Certification issued by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or Nurse Practitioner Certification issued by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB) is required for hire and must be maintained throughout employment.
• Unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license issued by the State Board of Nursing in the state of practice or compact privileges under the multi-state Nurse Licensure Compact agreement
• Unrestricted medical staff membership, with appropriate practice privileges
• Fill prescriptive authority
• Unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice.
• Eligible to provide services reimbursable services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid.
• Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusion from either the Health and Human Services/Office of Inspectors General (HHS/OIG) or the General Services Administration’s (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive, and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and is motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There are no limits to your potential here.
We expect you to live a balanced life and enjoy the Colorado lifestyle. Our competitive compensation package includes:
• A 403(b) matching account, and a 457(b) deferred compensation savings plan
• Offerings include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, disability coverage
• Competitive time off plan and wellness benefits
• Generous continuing medical education (CME) allowance for full and part-time positions
UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
To learn more about this rewarding opportunity, please contact:
UCHealth Medical Group
UCHealth Medical Group is a physician-led organization, with a dedicated focus on access, performance, innovation, and experience, providing unmatched patient care in the Rocky Mountain Front Range. With more than eight hospitals and 100 clinic locations, UCHealth pushes the boundaries of medicine, providing advanced treatments and clinical trials and improving health through innovation.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.