RN Acute Care Cardiology
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Category: Nursing Professional
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 149025
Date Posted: Sep 1, 2023
Facility: UCHlth Memorial Hospital Central (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Associates Degree in Nursing is required
Also, we are offering a night incentive to Full time RN's of $1,600 for every 13 consecutive weeks of full time commitment. You must work a minimum of 3 full time night shifts every week.
Provides direct patient care, at a proficient level, using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
- Provides care in a 24/7 Acute Care environment.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate to a multidisciplinary care team. Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances. Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Graduate of an accredited or state board of nursing approved Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years' experience.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider
- 6 months of nursing (RN) experience.
- ADDITIONAL POSITION LEVEL CREDENTIAL INFORMATION: ACLS within 1 year of hire
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
The pay range for this position is: $33.08 - $51.27 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement plans to include pension plan and 403(b) matching
- Paid time off. Start your employment at UCHealth with PTO in your bank
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
- Tuition and continuing education reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- 5 year incentive bonus
- Full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance
- Education benefits for employees, including the opportunity to be eligible for 100% of tuition, books and fees paid for by UCHealth for specific educational degrees. Other programs may also qualify for up to $5,250 pre-paid by UCHealth or in the form of tuition reimbursement each calendar year
- UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
- UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi