Provides descriptive analysis of waveforms and patterns relevant to credential modality. Performs core lab functions and additional procedures appropriate to credentials. Provides the most complex monitoring for long term EEG and epilepsy surgery cases.
Work Schedule: Full Time Days
- Performs routine EEGs, EMU, CEEG and ambulatory EEG studies. Provides SPECT patient care. Recognizes waveforms and the administration of isotope at seizure onset. Performs WADA testing and TCD studies.
- Monitors and documents patient condition and responds to and reports any adverse reactions. Observes, annotates, and analyzes ongoing clinical and technical changes, adjusting the testing procedures as appropriate for individual recording session. Performs advanced technical troubleshooting and artifact identification and elimination.
- Edits and forwards results to attending physician for analysis and interpretation. Maintains Neurodiagnostic equipment. Completes procedure documentation; follows up with archiving of records. Maintains a safe working environment and demonstrates safety, infection control, standard precautions and risk management policy adherence. Within area of subspecialty: CLTM Technologist provides advanced analysis of EEG data. Performs duties for typical and special consideration EEG/ECoG monitoring independently (assists with subdural grid and stereotactic electrode placement pre-, intra-, and post-operatively). Performs electrode set-up, montage creation/verification, troubleshooting, hook-up and discontinuation, and cortical mapping. NCT Technologist provides neurovascular ultrasound and advanced EMG and nerve conduction testing. R. PSG Technologist conducts sleep studies, providing analysis and scoring.
- Maintains procedures, protocols, and quality assurance programs. Assists in training of level I and II Techs with advanced procedural techniques. Assists with special projects during non-patient care down time.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum Required Education: Associate’s or Bachelor's degree, or graduate of a CAAHEP accredited Neurodiagnostic Technologist program or related advanced degree.
- Required Licensure/Certification: Registered as an EEG Technologist (REEGT), and 1 additional registry certification: Long Term Monitoring Technologist (CLTM) by the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic Technologists (ABRET), CPSGT or RPSGT from Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists, Registered Nerve Conduction Study Technologist (NCS.T) by The Nerve Conduction Association (AAET), NCT Certification by The American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine (ABEM), or Neurovascular Specialist Certification (NVS) by The American Society of Neuroimaging (ASN).
- Minimum Experience: 2 years of Neurodiagnostic experience.
- Preferred: EMG and Nerve Conduction Testing
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
The pay range for this position is: $29.54 - $44.31 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement plans to include 403(b) matching
- Paid time off. Start your employment at UCHealth with PTO in your bank
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
- Tuition and continuing education reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- 5 year incentive bonus
- Full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance
- Education benefits for employees, including the opportunity to be eligible for 100% of tuition, books and fees paid for by UCHealth for specific educational degrees. Other programs may also qualify for up to $5,250 pre-paid by UCHealth or in the form of tuition reimbursement each calendar year
Loan Repayment: UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
UCHealth always welcomes talent. This position will be open for a minimum of three days and until a top applicant is identified.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.