Location: Aurora, CO, United States
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 152711
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2023
Clinical Documentation Integrity Educator RN
This is a full-time, exempt/salary position on UCHealth’s Clinical Documentation Integrity team. This is a 100% work-from-home position, but you must reside in Colorado. Develops and provides services related to the orientation, continuing education, and assessment of Clinical Documentation Integrity Specialists.
· Collaborates with managers, supervisors and staff to identify education and training opportunities. Collaborates with Physician Advisers for education material development.
· Designs and performs audits to assess performance of CDI team. Provides education and competencies based on results. Works in tandem with leadership team to support HR processes.
· Functions as liaison between the Clinical Documentation Department, CDI Physician Advisers, coding, quality, compliance, providers, clinicians and service line directors.
· Coordinates the development and delivery of new staff orientation and education activities. Serves as a mentor for staff in areas of program development and professional development.
· Graduate of an accredited or state board of nursing approved Registered/Professional Nursing program.
· CO State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
· 3 years of experience in clinical documentation improvement or 3 years of nursing experience
· Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) or Clinical Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP)
· Experience as CDI Educator, Auditor or Lead
· Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
The pay range for this position is: $36.47 - $56.52 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
Loan Repayment: UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program! UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.