Location: Steamboat Springs, CO, United States
Category: Executive/Senior Level Management
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 160443
Date Posted: Oct 20, 2023
Chief Nursing Officer, Yampa Valley Medical Center
This is an outstanding opportunity with one of the top academic medical centers in the country. This position will be a part of a high-performing, quality-focused senior leadership team in a results-driven, evolving health care system. The Chief Nursing Officer must lead the vision of “From Health Care to Health” by forging strong relationships with the University of Colorado academic enterprise to create an overall entity unparalleled in the United States today.
The Chief Nursing Officer of Yampa Valley Medical Center, in collaboration with physician and hospital leadership, will identify priority outcome opportunities, coordinate the design and implementation of appropriate tools to measure and assess patient throughput, safety, quality, and outcomes, and engage in performance improvement activities to achieve organizational goals while meeting the directives established by the system’s mission, vision and values statements.
Reports to: President of Yampa Valley Medical Center
Goals and Objectives
The Chief Nursing Officer will be a member of the senior executive team for Yampa Valley Medical Center. UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center (YVMC) is a 39-bed acute care hospital providing sophisticated medical services to more than 51,000 outpatients annually. We are a non-profit, non-tax-supported community hospital that is dedicated to serving the needs of residents throughout northwest Colorado.
Achieving the vision. The Chief Nursing Officer’s success in this position will be measured by attaining these goals:
o Accountable for the provision of nursing care throughout the entire organization Provides leadership to direct the activities of planning, organizing, monitoring, and improving the quality of the respective programs and services. Assists in carrying out the approved Strategic Plan and participates in the process to modify the plan as necessary, and maintain its progress. Demonstrates through actions the philosophy, mission, values of UCHealth and aligns the goals for Nursing and determines the organizational structure for achieving these;
o Demonstrates sound understanding of and has broad experience with operations, health care finances, board responsibilities, physician relations, and knowledge of how all entities are interdependent, along with current knowledge of the trends and challenges in health care.
o Demonstrates self-reliance, outstanding communication, and relationship building skills. Ability to attract, cultivate and lead a high-performing management teams. Functions as a respected and respectful collaborative team player. Partners with UCHealth system CNOs to develop and execute the nursing strategic plan
The culture at UCHealth is results driven and each member of the Executive Group has high expectations for themselves as well as those with whom they partner. This individual will be joining a high performing, fast paced executive team and, as such, we have outlined characteristics that describe the ideal candidate for the CNO role:
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in nursing and a Master’s degree in a related field (i.e. Nursing, Business, Healthcare related); Minimum five years’ Nursing experience and two years of leadership/management experience preferably at a senior level; Unrestricted RN license from the State of Colorado Board of Nursing or compact privileges under the multi-state Nurse Licensure Compact agreement;
Qualifications, Skills and Traits
· Experience and knowledge achieving Pathways to Excellence and Magnet standards in demonstrating excellence in patient care desired. A focus on continuous improvement and process improvement methodology that will support operational and service excellence.
· Assure the provision of quality patient care in accordance with Colorado State Nurse Practice and ANA Code of Ethics.
· Ensure that approved evidence-based standards of patient care and nursing practice are utilized in all areas providing nursing care.
· Ability to drive patient experience results and hold ultimate accountability for monitoring and executing on patient experience tactics with the overall hospital goal to be in the 90th percentile.
· Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness to change with consideration of its impact on decision-making and planning. Contribute to an atmosphere that embraces change.
· Demonstrate leadership abilities, recognizing the need to adapt his/her leadership style to the abilities and competency of staff and changing situations.
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively using two-way channels of communication with openness and active listening.
· Share information as appropriate in a timely and non-threatening manner while taking advantage of formal and informal opportunities to dialogue with staff.
· Help to create a supportive environment by fostering open communication with staff.
· Possess a broad view of health care issues currently impacting communities, states and the nation.
· Successful track record of being able to lead and motivate others.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and well-developed presentation skills.
· Maintain a program that ensures proper selection and retention of qualified patient care staff.
· Provide an evaluation process for all employees which promotes motivation for professional growth, self-improvement, and which provides for just disciplinary action when needed.
· Maintain professional affiliations to enhance professional growth and development to keep up with latest trends in healthcare administration.
· Promote educational opportunities to foster leadership development and management effectiveness.
· Promote communication between administration, management/supervisory personnel, and employees.
· Facilitate the development of an environment which focuses on patient and staff safety. Assist with the development of indicators that will measure the impact of those efforts.
· Perform other administrative/managerial duties as required/directed.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
Loan Repayment: UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program! UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.