Location: Aurora, CO, United States
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 172897
Date Posted: Feb 15, 2024
Responsible for assessment of psychiatric patients in consultation and cooperation with emergency department personnel. Provides recommendation for disposition. Operates as an independently licensed behavioral health clinician.
Work Schedule: Full Time Flex (3 12hr shifts per week)/72 hours per pay period.
· Provides quality and timely assessment, intervention and recommendations incorporating diagnostic skills and state specific regulations.
· Develops and offers safe and clinically appropriate disposition recommendations. Supports implementation of disposition recommendations, which may include higher level psychiatric placement, brief intervention/safety planning, review of and connection with community resources and collaboration with family.
· Serves as primary communication liaison between clients, family members, emergency department staff, physicians, and community providers.
· Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
· Competence with DSM diagnostic criteria and treatment planning
· Competence in evidenced-based suicide risk assessments and safety planning.
· Demonstrates clinical and ethical professionalism, conflict resolution & critical thinking.
The pay range for this position is: $31.61 - $47.41 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
Loan Repayment:UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
UCHealth always welcomes talent. This position will be open for a minimum of three days and until a top applicant is identified.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.