Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Job Type: PRN
Job ID: 169243
Date Posted: Feb 28, 2024
Make Extraordinary Possible
We welcome those who naturally gravitate toward our inclusive community that celebrates our differences, our individuality, and our similarities. Here, we are dedicated to putting patients first, excellence and integrity. For those individuals called to join our team, we want you to find more than just a career here.
UCHealth has an excellent opportunity for a PRN Physician Assistant to join the UCHealth Ortho-Trauma team!
This is a highly coveted position and the team is willing to wait for and train the perfect candidate to the high standards and quality of work that this area of specialty is known for.
Position Details Include
Work schedule: PRN to include; weekdays, weekends, nights, days, combo
In-house 24h call shift (MHC), OR shift, clinic shift, and floor or rounding shift
• Ortho-trauma experience a plus
• General trauma experience
• Reductions & splinting (highly preferred, but willing to train)
• First Assist experience highly preferred
• 2+ years’ experience preferred
The starting pay range for this position is: $51.75-$71.70 with a PRN differential. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
• Under the supervision of a physician, provides direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services to patients in Ortho-Trauma.
• Obtain patient history and perform assessment via observation, interview, and examination. • • • • Order, perform, and interpret diagnostic procedures.
• Provide direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
• When applicable: Perform preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care. scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
• Provide counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventive health, treatment options and community resources
• Be extraordinary
Requirements for Physician Assistants
• Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies
• Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado.
• Physician Assistant Certification (PA-C) issued by the National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required for hire and must be maintained throughout employment
• Unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice.
• Eligible to provide reimbursable services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid.
• Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusion from either the Health and Human Services/Office of Inspectors General (HHS/OIG) or the General Services Administration’s (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs.
• Unrestricted medical staff membership, with appropriate practice privileges.
• Prescriptive authority as appropriate, per medical staff service privileging process.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive, and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and is motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There are no limits to your potential here.
UCHealth is an innovative, nonprofit health system that delivers the highest quality medical care with an excellent patient experience. UCHealth includes 33,000 employees, 14 acute-care hospitals and hundreds of physicians across Colorado, southern Wyoming and western Nebraska. With University of Colorado Hospital on the CU Anschutz Medical Campus as its academic anchor and the only adult academic medical center in the region, UCHealth is dedicated to providing unmatched patient care in the Rocky Mountain West. Offering more than 150 clinic locations, UCHealth provides extensive community benefits and pushes the boundaries of medicine through advanced treatments and clinical trials, improving health through innovation.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There are no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization. An applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.