Location: UCHealth ASC Inverness, US:CO:Englewood
Department: Inverness Heart & Vascular is a General Cardiology clinic providing TEE's and Stress Echoes
FTE: Full Time, 0.9, 72.00 hours per pay period (2 weeks)
Pay: $50.00 per hour plus travel package/stipend
LOCAL Traveler contract options available for those who reside within 75 miles
13 week assignments available – extension options
- Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound Technologist or Diagnostic Medical Sonographer program
- Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- 1-year experience
- BLS - BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date.
At UCHealth, We Improve Lives
- Performs comprehensive high quality Adult transthoracic echocardiograms, incorporating 2D, 3D, M-Mode, color Doppler and spectral Doppler methods including Pedoff (non-imaging continuous wave Doppler where applicable.
- Provides imaging support for transesophageal echocardiograms.
- When indicated, prepares and administers contrast media including agitated saline and ultrasound enhancing agents within scope of practice.
- Ensures echo orders are accurate and appropriate prior to each exam Perform all measurements, including Strain analysis, and draft a comprehensive preliminary report, using ISCV reporting template, in accordance with ASE guidelines and standards and established departmental protocols.
- Recognizes and reports critical result findings in accordance with department policy
- Practices and complies with all infection control standards.
- Perform echo exams in all inpatient and outpatient settings, and on a variety of patient populations (ACHD, Advanced HF, Critically Ill etc.)
- May perform additional modalities (Stress Echocardiograms; Imaging support during structural heart intervention) **Volume / staff ratio is balanced to ensure competency.
- Perform Neonatal Echocardiograms (with appropriate credential)
- Apply independent judgment and critical thinking during the echocardiography examination to ensure that appropriate anatomical, pathological, and clinical conditions are accurately captured. As necessary, acquire additional ultrasound images and nonstandard views to enable optimal diagnostic results for the interpreting physician.
- Maintain all ultrasound equipment, trouble-shoot minor operating problems and report all malfunctions to appropriate service provider. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Manager or Lead Cardiac Sonographer of the department.
- Adheres to UCHealth’ s Code of Conduct, policies, procedures and Values in Action
We improve lives. In big ways through learning, healing, and discovery. In small, personal ways through human connection. But in all ways, we improve lives.
UCHealth invests in its Workforce.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement plans to include 403(b) matching
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
- Wellness benefits
- Full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance
UCHealth always welcomes talent. This position will be open for a minimum of three days and until a top applicant is identified.
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Who We Are (uchealth.org)